Home » » Rooney Mara Says Red Carpet Appearances Are 'A Panic Attack Waiting To Happen'

Rooney Mara Says Red Carpet Appearances Are 'A Panic Attack Waiting To Happen'


Rooney Mara on the cover of US Vogue's February cover

For a girl who describes red-carpet appearances as “a panic attack waiting to happen”, we were surprised, albeit in an ecstatic way, to hear that Rooney Mara will be co-hosting the Met Ball this year with Givenchy's Riccardo Tisci.

The Girl With A Dragon Tattoo star is this month’s US Vogue cover girl, and told the magazine all about her fear being the centre of attention. ‘I don’t even like people to sing ‘Happy Birthday’ to me… and then I have to walk out onto the middle of this carpet and there are all these photographers, and they’re all screaming at you. 

And usually there’s a party at the other end of it, so it’s not even like I have solace at the end of the carpet! It’s like then I have to walk into my other nightmare!’

So how has the reluctant style icon ended up becoming one of the fashion bods that has fashion designers scrambling over each other to dress? Well, it’s all in a day’s work for this uber professional actress, ‘For Dragon Tattoo, I had eight different premieres, this many different photo calls. It’s a lot to plan for. It’s not like you can just show up ... The thing is, it’s kind of an annoying part of the job — because I’m not a model, and I don’t want to be. I didn’t try to be a style icon. I’m just not that interested in that world. But it does matter, and either I can fight that or I just have to accept that it is a part of my job, and I may as well wear things that I like and that represent me.’

So what do you make of the raven-haired beauty’s red carpet style? Scroll through our gallery below of Rooney Mara’s best red carpet moments to see our favourite looks…

[NYMag]


Via: Rooney Mara Says Red Carpet Appearances Are 'A Panic Attack Waiting To Happen'
Share this article :
 
Copyright © 2013. Hairstyles And Fashion - All Rights Reserved
Proudly powered by Blogger